the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward



the Black Dagger Brotherhood Books 1-10 by J.R. Ward

I have read books 1-9 and am currently reading book 10. I would consider this series soft erotica fantasy. It revolves around an ancient line of Vampire warriors that live in the world to protect the vampire race from their soulless counterparts created by the Omega, a fickle, vindictive character. They all come from a god bloodline, named the Scribe Virgin. All the books continue the story line from book to book so none of the books can stand on their own and cannot be read out of order.

I find the 'Warriors' a little self-loathing and pessimistic but I guess that makes them brooding and sexy. The sex is quite graphic but tasteful. I can't say I have liked one more than the others because the same recipe repeats book after book so it does get a bit boring but still has kept me interested for months. Each book is about one of the brothers falling in love with their 'Shellon' and it continues the story of the Brotherhood. Maybe books 6-8 were the most interesting to me but not my much.

Book 1 - Dark Lover - Wrath and Beth
Book 2 - Lover Eternal - Rhage and Mary
Book 3 - Lover Awakened - Zsadist and Bella
Book 4 - Lover Revealed - Butch and Marissa
Book 5 - Lover Unbound - Vishous and Dr. Jane
Book 6 - Lover Enshrined - Phury and Cormia
Book 7 - Lover Avenged - Rehvenge and Ehlena
Book 8 - Lover Mine - John Matthew and Xhex
Book 9 - Lover Unleashed - Payne and Dr. Manello

Book 10 - Lover Reborn - Tohrment and Autumn
Book 11 - Lovers At Last - Quinn and Blaylock
Book 12 - the King - Wrath and Beth
Book 13 - the Shadows - Trez 'Latimer' and Selena

The narrator is Jim Frangione. I really enjoy listening to him and it feels like he really understands the characters.

Opinion Rating: 7/10



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayso 4 - 8 - Washed Away and Cakes