How I learned to love reading.



I have never been a good reader. I have tried for years to read especially after I had children to be a good example. I wanted to raise kids who loved to rea   It did get easier once ereading was invented but I was still really slow. I felt dumb.

I think because I was so slow and I had a hard time processing the written word that I was attracted to simpler books written for teenagers. I also like a sweet love story. This is where I developed my love of stories of Utopian society or more accurately the failure of Utopian society, lol and my favorite love stories involving vampires and other magical characters.

A year ago I lost the ability to read due to depression and CFS. I still wanted to read so my friend suggested audiobooks. I started finding a selection of unabridged audio books on the website of my public library using the OneClick, Overdrive apps and when the library didn't have something I wanted to read I went to Audible.

Now I have a book going all the time and listen everyday. As you will see I am a chronic multitasker so I listen to books while I paint, cook, while I'm driving, crafting, doing housework. It is so convient and I think I have been able to consume probably 30 or more in a year.

This is how I learned to read at 41. 😆


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayso 4 - 8 - Washed Away and Cakes