Raspberry Pi - Too Cool

Yesterday I got a Raspberry Pi 3, the case and an SD card. I also paid for a power cord but it won't be in for 2 weeks. All in $104 at Lee's Electronics on Fraser street. They were very helpful.



For those who don't know, it is a credit card sized computer! Too cool! Its original design was to teach kids coding and DOS commands but really you can do most things that a regular laptop can do on a Linux based platform.  RP3 even has on board wifi and Bluetooth. It is hooked up to my television via HDMI.




You can also take it physical. Make robots, lie detectors, light shows and a thousand other applications.

I put it in the case, downloaded Noons onto my SD card and installed in on my Raspberry Pi 3, plugged in my USB keyboard and mouse and away I went.

I am working on getting the Bluetooth to work consistantly for sound. A bit frustrating but I am sure I will figure it out with all the help and resources you can find online for this little gem.

I poked around and decided to start with Scratch, a basic coding program. I figured since my 9 year was the so called 'expert' in his class I could figure it out. 😄 And after 4 hours this is what the result was (don't judge till you try it)...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayso 4 - 8 - Washed Away and Cakes